he New Democratic Party has joined other countries and international communities around the world in recognising the significant roles played by women in the field of development and the roles which they will continue to play.
The Women’s Arm of the New Democratic Party is that organ which advances matters relative to gender sensitisation within the party. It was part of the overall visioning of the party for Vincentian women which set the motion for the establishment the Women’s Arm.
The Women’s Arm focuses on:
- Addressing strategic and practical gender needs.
- Capacity building of members
- Political and social education and training of members
- Decentralisation of activities and programmes
- Regional and international networking and linkages