The NDP believes that in order to develop the country we must have a vibrant economy. An NDP Administration would undertake the following:
- Establish a Ministry of Private Sector Development.
- Provide adequate legislation and financial support to promote the entrepreneurial culture and spirit of our people.
- Continue to encourage Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in the public and private sectors to achieve the goals of development.
- Establish the Constituency Development Fund (CDF). When we approach National Development from a constituency point of view then we are more likely to have better results.
- Target the agro-sector to promote an agribusiness sector for export thereby promoting local resource based industries.
- Regionalize our export activity especially in agriculture by planning with our OECS partners annual agriculture production for export.
- Make greater use of our joint venture company’s infrastructure in the UK to export new products.