Tourism is our largest foreign exchange earner. It is largely undeveloped and has enormous potential for growth.
- Diversification of our tourism product. We will identify specific areas and develop strategies to promote and exploit each of them.
- Targeted marketing – Europe, Canada, USA and Caribbean. We will develop special packages for Caribbean Tourists.
- Improvement of air transportation, in terms of cost, reliability and frequency of service to St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Promotion and development of historical and natural sites as tourism sites.
- The establishment of a training institute to meet the needs of tourism operators and workers.
- Development of marina facilities in Bequia or lower Grenadines for power yachts.
- Focus on high end stay over visitors. We will promote the development of small to mid-size luxury hotels/villas.
- The encouragement of yachting, especially cruising. We will provide better security in our harbours and bays by frequent coast guard patrols and police foot patrols in resort and beach areas.